Friday, May 28, 2010

From the Newest Ex-Teacher

Today was the last day of school! 19 years of continuous 'first' and 'last' days of school, and I still don't know which one I get more excited about. It was a little sad taking down my classroom and saying goodbye to the students and staff, but I can't wait for what's to come our way.
We had a teacher's luncheon with a nice 'goodbye' for the 5 of us leaving. Our principal is leaving to go to the high school, one teacher had to transfer schools because of the budget, one teacher lost her job because of the budget, and 2 of us are leaving to have babies, which is so much the reason I'd prefer.
One of the saddest parts was giving back my laptop. Now I'm not only without a husband and a job, but also the internet for the next 5 days. This is me at a kiosk in the provo library. I'll be biking here everyday about this time, except for when its closed Sunday and Monday. AHHH I am so internet-dependent!

No comments: