Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
In the meantime, I'm having too much fun with this. Who knows what will be gone the next time Jason comes home!I've been paroozing Boston Craig's list "free" section, and you can find everything from leather couches to upright pianos, hundreds of posts a day, whereas Provo's "free" section has one or two items, like a free kitty or a broken washer! I'm pretty sure we'll be able to replace everything we need to once we get there, thank you wealthy college students of Boston.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Go vote for Lincoln (once every 24 hrs) at: http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/79944/voteable_entriesOr you can find it from my facebook page. Help us win $20 to Starbucks and a mug with his picture on it!
PS--Thanks for the votes with the last contest! After a month of researching sewing machines, with the prize money and a semester of sewing jobs, I'm bidding on a new unopened Singer Curvy 8770 of my dreams on eBay for half the cost!
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Jason's Blurb: Here's the "About Us" section from their website: "Cambridge Associates is a privately held independent consulting firm that provides consulting and investment oversight services to more than 800 clients worldwide. We strive to help global institutional investors and private clients meet or exceed their investment objectives by offering proactive, unbiased advice grounded in intensive and independent research.
At Cambridge Associates, we don’t believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach to investing. Our philosophy focuses on identifying the individual objectives of each client and applying time-tested investment best practices to achieve successful results.Widely recognized as a leading investment consulting firm to sophisticated investors, we place a special emphasis on avoiding conflicts of interest and maintaining complete independence from money management firms. " So Cambridge focuses mostly on non-profit organizations, endowment funds, pension funds, museums, private investors, etc. I believe their large focus is the endowments, pension funds, and non-profit organizations however. Anywhoo, Thought we should let all know our news. Thanks for the prayers everyone! It really does work out in the end.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
- He seems to really enjoy diaper changes. As soon as I start freeing him from clothes, he cheers up and gives me immediate smiles! I really want to buy this onsie at Target that says, "I'm happier naked".
- If you put a shirt over his head to dress him, he totally freaks out like he's being suffocated.
- He is quite cuddly. He'll let me spend all the time I need checking email, writing in my journal, blogging, etc. as long as he can lay on my shoulder. I'm getting really fast at typing with one hand--I feel for you Evan.
- His new trick lately is wiping his nose all over my shirt. He loves it.
- He used to take about 10 minutes to really wake up, but nowadays, he will pop his eyes open out of no where and be completely awake with no warning. It kindof startles me sometimes!
- He loves loves music. I recently won a giveaway for this "Cradle Rock" CD of Michael Jackson lullabies! (Thanks Crissa!) I can't wait to get it so Lincoln doesn't have to listen to me sing nothing but showtunes all day.
- He has chosen a bedtime of 8pm and wakeup at 6:30am sharp. He still needs to eat 2-3 times in there, but he'll go right back to bed, which is absolutely wonderful.
- During the day, he's a total cat-napper. 5-10 minute naps are his thing. It makes for speedy showers.
- My favorite cry of all is when he puts his head back and whines "mmmBahhhh" up in the air like a baby bird begging for worms :)
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
I think I pulled out his 3-6 month clothes just in time. (He'll be 2 months old on Saturday) I'm pretty sure he won't have to wear the same outfit twice for the entire 3 months! Somehow he ended up with quite a large and stylish wardrobe just this size!