Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Don't Be Sad, Be Plaid

One of my favorite things to do is re-make thrift store finds. I found this skirt at DI for $4, but I really bought it for the petticoat slip that came underneath it. I tore that out, and was left with this:
Kindof prairie-frumpy, yes? Well, I ripped out the skinny waistband but kept in the zipper, cut it short, added another layer underneath, hemmed it up, then added some buttons onto a new thicker waistband.
And look at Jason's photography skills with our new camera! We LOVE it!

5 comments:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

WAY CUTE!! You are so talented!! Totally jealous!

Crissa Pollmann Robertson said...

I need one of these! Start a store :)

Camille said...

THANKS! I do have a store! www.dearmistergable.etsy.com

A Close Family said...

Oh my goodness, I love it! You are SO talented it's sick :). And I love you!

Natalie and Steve said...

You never cease to amaze me. Also, the photography is so fun! Nice job Jason!