Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Master Bedroom

I woke up with this idea that I wanted to make a fabric headboard for our sad mattress sitting on the floor. I started with some eucaboard, styrofoam insulation boards, an egg crate foam pad, fabric, and a staple gun. I covered the pieces, and Jason helped me drill them into a bigger board. We nailed some 2x4s behind it for structure.And this morning I stapled a little bed skirt onto our split box springs (our regular queen box wouldn't fit up our stairs). Fancy, huh.Toll paint on a $.10 Home Depot kitchen tile, hot glued to ribbon For curtains, I ripped up an old bed sheet and found this ribbon $.10/yard. This concludes the home series because I'm not showing you our bathroom, extra-stuff bedroom, or shoe closet. Now our mothers can rest easy knowing that we're not living in an alley shack :)

9 comments:

Seidi said...

how cute are you!!?? I'm amazed at your ability to make everything so darling for so cheap. Amazing! Looks like you're having a great time in Boston!

Emily said...

Camille, you should have a whole blog dedicated to how to decorate while spending almost no money. You seem to be a pro at it, and the rest of us out here could use some of your genius. :)

Kati said...

I agree that you really need to start an idea/sewing/decorating blog. I wish you lived closer. I'd love to get ideas from you.

Camille said...

Haha thanks you guys! Being poor is fun, huh :) I'll think about it...

Diana said...

I love your curtain and wish I could be as resourceful as you.

Laurra said...

This looks so fantastic Camille!

Laurra said...

I love the curtains!

Kathey said...

Wow. Your stuff is fabulous. Yes, you should start a blog for sewing/decorating on a dime. Many could benefit from your cute ideas.

Kathey said...

Your ideas are fabulous. Yes, I do think you should start a sewing/decorating blog. Many would benefit from your ideas and encouragement.