Wednesday, July 18, 2012

6 in 6 for 16 - JULY

My inspiration for the skirt came from this wedding dress picture I tore out of a bridal magazine (4 years ago?) and had taped on my inspiration wall.  I made a 6-gore skirt with godets, then sewed on rows and rows of bias-cut strips.  I think I used all three yards--it was so heavy!  Its currently for sale on eBay to pay for fabric for the my next dress.

The navy tube top was the easiest thing I've ever made.  I cut it to my circumference, sewed up the sides, and gathered the seam.  I didn't even finish the edges on top or bottom b/c they just rolled up underneath.  Easy peasy.
I found this lacy table runner at my favorite junk pit, Dollar-a-Pound.  Since I paid $1 for my pound of clothes, I figure this cost mere pennies?  A dime?


I guess I could count Parley's sailor suit and hat for my "August" outfit :) but I cheated and used patterns: McCalls 6575 and 4236.  (Update: just sold the suit on Etsy for $40)

More pictures of our outfits can be found here.

No comments: