Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tabula Rasa

We took a fieldtrip to scope out our new home a little better; you know, size up the possibility of getting some of our furniture up the staircase, count how many windows are gonna need curtains, see if we need to get a coat rack because there are no closets on the main floor, etc.Ok, we're the 2nd and 3rd floor on the left, behind the tree. This super great public park is there on the right, with slides, swings, and a basketball court! So you walk up a flight to get to our front door, which is across the hall from where Lincoln is sitting. I'm standing in the mini-study here (which will probably be a mudroom for coats, shoes, strollers, toys, etc.) You can see the bathroom at the end of the hall. As Jason put it, "its nothin to scream about", and with the bedrooms all upstairs, its gonna be blast going up and down 3x/night the next time I'm pregnant, but it could be worse! It has cute mini tub, just perfect for two little kids to fit in.
I love the blue walls and wainscotting!! Yay for a ceiling fan because there is no air conditioning. Welcome to Boston housing. We're excited about having room for a full couch in here, but again, the dilemma of getting up the stairwell. Ok, turn around and you'll see the kitchen: True, sometimes I take Lincoln around on errands in Christmas pajamas, and then set him on countertops while I take pictures. I'm sure that gives me negative mommy points somewhere. Cute accent wall, huh! Ok, if you go back to the first picture, you can see the banister that goes up. These are the stairs that Lincoln will fall down a few times I'm sure, so I'm glad they're carpeted. I'm going to try the gate-less approach my mom used, and try to teach him early how to slide down the steps backwards. Still, they're pretty narrow and steep, so I might be trying that technique myself. There are two bedrooms this size, the other identical, but opposite layout And two mini-rooms, which will be the baby room and a sewing room, holla! So now you've had the tour! Move date: t minus 25 days!

5 comments:

Mary said...

That place is a-mazing! I am so glad you found it. I am sure it will look adorable with everything all moved in. The wood floors and wainscoting make it very classy. The kitchen looks pretty swanky too! Now have fun with the whole move-in. Good luck! :)

Seidi said...

What a darling house!!! Good luck with the move. And ps, I always used to put Charlie on the counter. :)

Diana said...

It looks so adorable! I love the wood floors and the brick wall. I'm so excited for you guys!

Emily said...

awesome place. let us know when you're moving so we can help out (watch lincoln, bring food, box stuff, whatev)

nb said...

Love the new place! Can't wait to visit & babysit there :-)