Friday, May 13, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

I made treats for Jason to take to school, I mean work, today :) It was his turn to bring in breakfast for his team, so I'm sent him with the legendary Millar baked french toast for all the bachelors who don't have mommies or wives to cook for them!

King Henry French Toast

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup butter

2 T. corn syrup

6 eggs

2 cups milk

1 T. vanilla

1 loaf French bread

Combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan. Heat until boiling and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Slice bread into 8 slices (I did 16 slices) and arrange over syrup. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla (and I added some cinnamon) in blender for 15 seconds. Pour over bread. Cover and refridgerate overnight. Bake at 350, uncovered, for 45 min. Sprinkle with pecans and powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Yummm!!! I want some right now.