Sunday, August 16, 2009

Meet Me at the Fair

My table won at the county fair! The fair was a good incentive to finish it in time. So I entered it in the 'decorative painting' category, expecting a 1st ($3), 2nd ($2), or 3rd ($1) ribbon, and we came later in the week to see it in the "Best of Show" section! I won a 1st place ribbon, a "Best of Show" rosette, a plaque, and $25 (which I promptly spent on shoes)! I'm glad to be done, and for the table to be a finished addition to our home for as long as we live. I hope when I die, my grandkids are all fighting for who gets to keep "grandma's table".

1 comment:

Elise said...

WOW!!! I would say I can't believe it, but I can because yes, you are just that talented. You should enter these kinds of things more often because you would regularly win some good prize money.

Also, let's see those new shoes!