Saturday, March 2, 2013

Made in Jade

Wedding season has been GREAT this year!  I've had a handful of weddings to sew for, and have kept busy most every night with something lovely to sew.  I've sewn 16 different wedding outfits/articles in two months!  One of my favorites was this dress for my dearest friend, Natalie, who is attending a wedding next week.  She sent me this picture with her measurements and let me completely surprise her!
Photo courtesy of LightInTheBox

Because I really wanted to try doing some draping, I decided this dress was the last straw, and I finally bought myself an adjustable dress form, so that without a pattern, I could manipulate the fabric to look how I wanted on a dress form exactly my client's measurements.  
 I was SO happy with the way it turned out!!  Especially for being so last-minute!  This basically HAD to be a 2-nighter.


 Natalie should get it on Tuesday and the wedding is next weekend, so here's to hoping it fits!
 I'm getting so revved up for Prom season!

9 comments:

Sabrina said...

It is so cool that you can do this! I wish I had an occasion for which you could make me a dress. Hopefully, someday!

Camille said...

Thank you Sabrina! Hmm, ya, I guess everyone in the Millar family is married already. How about when you're nominated for Mother of the Year and need a formal? Or for Formal Night on a cruise!!

Sabrina said...

Mother of the Year! Ha! After this week, I am sure I am out of the running for eternity ;) It was a rough one. I do hope we get to go on a cruise someday, so yes, let's plan on you making something like that!

Natalie and Steve said...

Ooohh! That dress makes me look good! :)

Barbie Mills said...

This is stunning, Camille. I hope you get accepted for Sew-vivor! It would be so fun to watch you participate.

Camille said...

Thank you Barbie! If I make it to Round 1, I'll sure be begging for votes!

Camille said...

PS--Barbie are you doing Sew-vivor?? Your quilts would kick butt!

Barbie Mills said...

Thanks, Camille! I'm planning to enter, but I have to choose what item to enter with! It's a tough decision. I think I'm down to the most recent quilt vs. Hazel's ultra-ruffled princess dress.

Helena said...

Gorgeous! Good luck! :)