Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Evan Update from my Mom

Evan has had a very good recovery from his surgery. He seemed pretty stable this afternoon when the doctor made his rounds in ICU. So, instead of sending us to a regular room on the floor, he decided to send us home with detailed instructions on his care. Evan was so thrilled to get to come home!! The MRI showed that they got the tumor and pathology confirmed that it is ependymoma cancer (the same type he had 10 years ago). With this information, we can now proceed with radiation, after a few weeks of healing. The "suspicious" area on the MRI is still possibly present, but hopefully can also be treated with the radiation. The doctor cleared Evan to travel to Arizona on Friday to attend my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Of course, we'll use our best judgement and see how Evan is doing by Friday. We are so very thankful for the good outcome of this surgery, for Evan's speedy recovery and for the great outpouring of love we have felt from our family and many friends.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I am so happy to hear this positive update. We'll keep him in our prayers and hope his recovery goes well.

Elise said...

Camille, I have been thinking about Evan and your family a lot over the past few days and wondering how things have been going, so I appreciate the update. I know this is a very stressful time, and I know faith really helps, but I also know it is tough to not know for sure how things are going to go. I hope radiation and his other treatments take care of the problems, and I hope he does well through the treatment process. Radiation is not the easiest thing to deal with.